The AG-AF100 is the first professional 4/3" large image video camcorder optimized for high-definition video recording. Targeted at the video and film production communities, the AF100 delivers the shallow depth of field and wider field of view of a large imager, with the flexibility and cost advantages of a handheld camcorder. The AF100 has the ability to use virtually any professional quality lens with the addition of an easily obtainable adapter.
The design of the AF100's 4/3-inch sensor affords depth of field and field of view similar to that of 35mm movie cameras in a less expensive camera body. Equipped with an interchangeable lens micro 4/3" mount, the AF100 can utilize an array of low-cost, widely-available still camera lenses as well as film-style lenses with fixed focal lengths, prime lenses, and zoom lenses.
• Large 4/3" "Best-in-Class" MOS imager with fast image scanning and optical and low pass filters that eliminate aliasing and moire while minimizing skew
• Records in 1080 (60i, 50i, 30p, 25p and 24p native) and 720 (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p and 24p native, utilizing AVCCAM's highest-quality PH mode (maximum 24Mbps)
• Variable frame rates in 24P, 30P and 25P in1080, up to 60P or 50p dependent on 60Hz or 50Hz mode
• Uncompressed 4:2:2, 8 Bit HD-SDI and HDMI output
• Six built-in, customizable Scene Files that can be utilized for instant, easy matching between multiple cameras
• Built-in gamma curves including HD Norm, HD Low and High, Cine-like D, Cine-like V, B.Stretch
• Four selectable color matrices including Norm 1 and Norm 2, Fluorescent and Cinelike
• Color Phase and Saturation, Pedestal and Detail image control
• Two card slots that support continuous (relay) recording. Relay recording means that with two 32GB SDHC cards you can record for 6 hours with automatic clip spanning across the two cards
• SDXC Card compatibility -- with a 64GB SDXC card, you can record for 12 hours in PH Mode, and 48 hours in HG Mode
• HD Video and Full Audio monitoring during record and playback with high-quality audio pre-amps at the input